13. Error 21: Missing image-processing component (Windows only)
Error 21 is very rare and is caused by a Windows security setting blocking the installation of an image-processing component Soundslides and Soundslides Plus need in order to function.
As a test, try logging into your computer as an administrator and launching Soundslides or Soundslides Plus. In the administrator account, the helper utilities may reset themselves. If you don't get an error message in the administrator account, you should be able to log back into your normal account and proceed.
If this does not solve the problem, the instructions below are a workaround to allow Soundslides to function anyway.
- Download the ZIP file here.
- Right-click on the ZIP file and select "Extract all." This should create a folder called "helpers."
- On your computer's C drive, open the "Program files" folder, then find the "Soundslides" folder inside and open that.
- Move the "helpers" folder into the "Soundslides" folder.
- Double-click on the "Soundslides.exe" or "Soundslides Plus.exe" application and confirm that the application will successfully import images.