1. Using Switch to convert an audio file to MP3
Note: Soundslides, LLC is not affiliated with NCH Software, the maker of Switch. Technical support for Switch is available here.
Switch audio conversion software for Mac OS X and Windows is an easy-to-use tool for converting nearly any audio format to an MP3 for use with Soundslides or Soundslides Plus. Below are links to download the free version:
To convert a file to MP3 format:
1. Click the "Add file(s)" button to select the audio file you want to convert to MP3. This will open a new window where you can browse your hard drive or network for the file.
2. Select the file you want to convert.
3. Pull down the "Output Format" menu to ".mp3."
4. Click the "Encoder Options..." button to open the "Encoder Options" window.
5. Pull down the "Bitrate (kbps)" menu to "56." If you are working with high quality audio or audio that contains music, you may want to preserve the quality by instead selecting "256."
6. Click the "Browse" button next to the "Output folder" menu to select where you want the MP3 file saved. In this case, the file will be saved in a folder called "audio_final" on the desktop.
7. Click the "Convert" button and wait while the software processes your file.
8. Click the "Open Output Folder" button to display the folder where Switch saved your MP3.
You should now see a folder containing your converted audio file.