3.1. Quick-start guide
This guide is intended as a basic introduction to using Soundslides or Soundslides Plus for people with multimedia experience. If you are a beginner, please proceed to the following chapter.
To create a project, you'll need JPG-formatted images and an MP3-formatted audio track (if you are using Soundslides Plus, you can optionally skip the audio-importing step). Your images should all be in a single folder.
To create a basic project:
- Click the "NEW" button and select where to save the project (it is recommended that you build your project on a local hard drive, rather than a network disk or external drive).
- Click the "JPG" button and select a folder of JPG files to import.
- If you are using Soundslides Plus to create either a click-through or silent-play slide show, you will now click the button labeled "SLIDE SHOW ONLY — SKIP AUDIO." Otherwise, proceed to step 4.
- Click the "SND" button and select an MP3 file from your hard drive.
The main editing interface will now open.
To test or export a basic project:
- Click the "SAVE" button to save the project.
- Click the "TEST" button to launch the working edit into a Web browser for preview.
- Click the "EXPORT" button to create the files you will upload to your Web server. A folder will open containing all of your slide show's files. You can then upload the entire folder and play your slide show live on the Web. (Soundslides and Soundslides Plus do not do this. You will need an FTP client or other software capable of uploading files and folders to the Web. For more information, click here.)